This week, the 2021-2022 budget was released. Here are some of key points regarding transport and infrastructure.
- $15.2 billion commited to road, rail, and community infrastructure projects over the next 10 years
- 30,000 new jobs directly and indirectly created across every state and territory
- over 60 projects spanning every state and territory
- $1 billion allocated to Road Safety Program
- $1 billion allocated to Local Roads and Community Infrastructure
- Highest budgetary spending on transport and infrastructure over the last 10 years